Welcome back to another month of Colour Combo Blog Hop! This month we are featuring the brand new 2020-2022 In Color Misty Moonlight along with Highland Heather and Sahara Sand. If you are hopping along start to finish you’ve just come from Linda Moore at Moore Fun Stamping. If you joined us today from my IG or you are subscriber be sure to follow the link below to check out all of the other creators this month!
If we haven’t met before, I’m Caroline and I am an Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in the US. You can follow me on Instagram @sparkle_and_stamp for nearly daily updates and share!
Have you ever started a card with an idea in your head and had the final product turn out completely different than you imagined? OMG, I have! Today’s card is a perfect example of that. I can’t explain what I saw in my head when I set out to create this card, but as I developed the pieces my creation took a different direction.
I used the Birch background stamp to cover my Whisper White cardstock. Then I stamped one of the floral imagines (I think they are actually poppies) from Bloom & Grow using my Stamparatus in Highland Heather ink. Then I took a Water Painter and Highland Heather ink refill to fill in the entire image. Once my paper was dry I put it back into my Stamparatus and stamped the floral image again in Highland Heather ink.
Normally, I would put an excessive amount of metallic threat behind the floral image but it’s no longer available so I try not to use it on cards I showcase here. Instead I used my Stamparatus again to stamp the sentiment from the Floral Essence stamp set in Misty Moonlight. Then I cleaned my stamp really well and inked it up with Versamark ink. I used clear embossing powder to give the sentiment more depth and to set the ink on the vellum. Finally, I used the new Lovely Labels Pick A Punch to “fancy up” the ends of the vellum and the 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots as accents.
Thank you for visiting today! I hope you have enjoyed the hop so far or if you just started I hope you enjoy the projects that are shared! We have a large group hopping today so make sure you check them all out and leave some love in the comments section below!
Colour Combo Blog Hoppers:
- Elisabeth Pirolt – Little Lizzy’s Crafts (AT) – https://www.little-lizzys-crafts.at/2020/07/12/colour-combo-blog-hop-juli-2020/
- Sue McDonald – Frankiesue Stampin’ – http://frankiesue.blogspot.com/2020/07/colour-combo-blog-hop-july.html
- Sandra Roberts (UK) – Sandra’s Craft Studio – http://sandrascraftstudio.com/?p=2776
- Lisa Kmiec (US) Simply Stamping with Lisa Kmiec – https://lisakmiecstamps.blogspot.com/2020/07/colour-combo-july-blog-hop.html
- Amanda Farlinger (Canada) – http://www.fromwhereistamp.ca/2020/07/july-colour-combo-blog-hop.html
- Vickie Kello (Australia) – https://vickskraftykreations.com/colour-combo-blog-hop
- Annette Elias-De Kijkkast- (NL) https://dekijkkast.blogspot.com/2020/07/koele-kleuren-voor-een-coole-kaart.html
- Katie Johnson (US) – http://www.stampladykatie.com/2020/06/seaside-notions-color-combo-blog-hop.html
- Tricia Butts (US) – https://triciastampingcreations.blogspot.com/2020/07/colour-combo-july-blog-hop.html
- Stacey Marsh (UK) http://www.staceymarsh.co.uk/2020/07/july-colour-combo-blog-hop.html
- Judith Postler – Judiths Stempelei (AT) – https://www.stempelei.at/colour-combo-in-july
- Kimberley Morris – procrastistamper (US) – https://procrastistamper.blogspot.com/2020/07/CCBH-July2020.html
- Melinda Whittington – Australia https://comecreatewithmel.blogspot.com/2020/07/colour-combo-blog-hop-july-2020.html
- Sigrid Joch – Sigrids kreative ART (D) – https://sigridsmeineart.blogspot.com/2020/07/heideblute-abendblau-saharasand.html
- Nicole Mahler (US) – https://sugarandscraps.com/2020/07/12/july-2020-colour-combo-blog-hop/
- Gez Carpenter (UK) https://www.nigezza.co.uk/2020/07/colour-combo-blog-hop-july-2020.html
- Alejandra Gomez (USA) – Creating with Allie https://wp.me/pb8L5K-15j
- Sue Allen – Australiahttp://sueallensimplycraft.blogspot.com/2020/07/colour-combo-blog-hop-july-2020.html
- Linda A Moore (USA) – https://moorefunstamping.com/color-combo-blog-hop-july
- Caroline Peck (USA) – https://sparkleandstamp.wordpress.com/2020/07/12/colour-combo-blog-hop-july-2020/(opens in a new tab) <– You Are Here!
- Sharon Dalton – Australia https://studioshabazcreativeme68.blogspot.com/2020/07/colour-combo-blog-hop-july.html
- Jo Blackman – UK https://www.joblackman.com/2020/07/colour-combo-blog-hop-july.html
- Jill Chapman UK http://www.paperdaisycrafting.co.uk/2020/07/the-right-triangle-for-colour-combo.html